Friday, December 2, 2011

MOM TURNS 69



Since I woke up this morning, I feel so sad because today my mother turns 69. She passed away just 10 months ago. She had complications of diabetes that took her life that sad day of February 19. 

Last year, on her last birthday, I wasn’t able to visit her because of my hectic schedules. But I talked to her on the phone, and her voice is still fresh in my mind. She was crying hysterically because she wanted her birthday to be special because she said, it would be her last birthday. I tried to calm her down and told her that she would have many more birthdays to come. But she insisted that sooner or later she will go away. She wanted her birthday would always be remembered and celebrated, she asked us to do this for her. Today, I didn’t visit her and lay flowers on her tomb. I am an INC member and this practice is against the doctrine of my religion. My father, siblings and their own family went to the memorial park to offer respect and show love to my beloved mother. 


 When she’s still alive, she used to tell me; “Anak, dadalasan mo naman ang dalaw sa akin.” And when I am about to leave her, she would keep on crying and saying these words; “Huwag ka munang umalis, malulungkot ako.” I would answer her, “Babalik ho agad ako ‘nay…” And in a pitiful voice, she would reply, “Ayoko, matagal ka na naman bago makabalik.” But when I hug her and kiss her on the cheeks and forehead, she would tell me; “Sige basta tatawagan mo lang ako kapag hindi ka makakadalaw agad.” It does mean na nauunawaan nya ako, na ako ay abala noon sa aking pag aaral. Sayang nga lamang at hindi na inabutan ni nanay ang aking pagtatapos sa aking master studies noong nakaraang Abril. Si tatay na lamang ang aking nakasama sa graduation day dahil wala na si nanay. I will always love and miss my mother. My gratitude for her still grows even she’s no longer here with me. 

 

I’m telling you this,when your mother dies, it seems like you have lost half of your heart… 





A solid-steel statement of God in scripture: “...away from the body and at home with the Lord (2 Corinthians 5:8).
 

No comments:

Post a Comment